Moving away from your trusty electronic cash register can be a daunting prospect, it has gotten you to where you are today. Here we explain what EPOS is and why you need it to take your business to the next step.
So what is an Electronic Point of Sale (EPOS)?
An EPOS is a computerised system for recording sales, taking payments, monitoring stock and generating reports within the retail and hospitality sectors. EPOS systems typically consist of a touchscreen computer, receipt printer, barcode scanner, cash drawer and software and come in a variety of configurations, shapes and sizes.
There are 2 key elements to any EPOS system; first is the hardware and accessories which help you determine the look and feel of your store. The second quite often more important is the software, the software or application is where you record your sales and run your business from.
So why do I need an EPOS?
- Allows you to record exactly which items are being sold rather than generalised departments
- Integrated barcode scanners allow for faster transactions reducing queues
- Integrated card payment speeds up transactions and dramatically reduces errors
- Automatic inventory management helps you keep on top of your stock levels
- Realtime and comprehensive reports allow you to make better business decisions
- Easy and immediate price changes
- Central configuration, no need to manually program each till
- Future proof, add a Customer Relationship Manager (CRM), Appointment Booking System and Loyalty Program
- Improve store efficiency and improve customer satisfaction which results in higher profit margins
Modern Electronic Point of Sale (EPOS) is not just about executing payment, managing inventory and keeping records, It’s about business management and providing a point of customer service. Register is a modern innovative EPOS application for Android that enables growth.
Some key questions to ask yourself:
- Are you struggling for time to effectively run your business?
- Are you frustrated with time consuming tasks like price changes, cashing up and collating reports?
- Do you only have a rough feel for what sells and what doesn’t by looking at the shelves?
- Are you seeing customer walk out of the door due to long lines?
- Are you losing revenue by not having the right items stocked?
- Is your business restricted by only selling at the main counter?
- Do you struggle to identify your customers?
- Are you looking at new ways to drive customers back to your store?
- Are you losing money due to customers not turning up for appointments?
- Are you stuck with old out dated technology?
- Are you worried about training and anxious staff around technology?
If you answered Yes to any of the above, get in touch with us or one of our solution providers to discuss how Register can help you improve your business.
Already decided on Register EPOS? Check out our blog post on how to move from a Cash Register to EPOS.